- Responsible for increasing visibility of the European company sites in the natural search results of internet search engines, primarily Google.
- To accomplish this goal the individual in this role will work closely with the Product teams responsible for “Site SEO” (setup and content of core company site pages and interpage linking) and Google Shopping feeds as well as Analytics teams and Vertical teams.
- This role will report to Senior Director of European Internet Marketing (based in Zurich) and dotted-line report to the Director of the Global Natural Search Centre of Excellence (based in USA).
- Own European SEO targets and drive execution of projects that enable meeting and exceeding these targets
- Cooperate closely with the US-based “Buyer Experience” Product Management (PM) and Product Development (PD) teams on increasing “Site SEO” traffic (primarily to company search results pages, view item pages, stores pages, reviews & guides pages, etc.). This will involve ideation on ways to grow traffic, rigorous hypothesis testing through live A/B tests, coordination of project execution.
- Cooperate closely with the US-based “Traffic” PM and PD teams on increasing traffic from Google Shopping (aka Google Product Search or Google Base) via optimisation of company feeds sent to Google and improvement in the quality and structure of company data.
- Cooperate closely with the European Vertical teams on creation of appropriate unique content on company category pages to drive natural search traffic.
- Cooperate closely with the US-based Natural Search Centre of Excellence to ensure coordination of efforts. Dotted-line report to the Director of the CoE
- Leverage analytics resource in Europe and US to achieve goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of professional experience, including at least 3 years of search engine optimisation & internet marketing with knowledge of best practice
- Highly motivated with a demonstrated track record of strong academic and professional performance.
- Very proficient with SEO best practice, is a strong communicator and influencer, possesses superior analytical skills and is comfortable working with distributed and virtual teams in a fast-paced global environment.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to extract actionable insight from large quantity of data
- Superior oral and written communication skills, incl. comfort presenting to senior executives
- Ability to work with distributed and virtual teams, to foster productive relationships across countries and cultures and to influence without direct authority
- Strong project management skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise based on judgment
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and SQL a plus
- Fluent in English (written and oral); fluent in German (written and oral)